Wednesday 8 February 2017

Gota Patti Embroidery

Hello everyone!
In life , there are a lot of things people like and they start learning and knowing all about that thing.
Just like that , i love knowing about fabrics, colours, stitches and everything. I like watching Fashion shows and making fashion figures. Well, let me tell you all that i am a Fashion Designing student of college Pearl Academy, Noida. I am in the First year, learning and experiencing new things. Its my biggest dream to become a Great Fashion designer. Doing things like stitching and weaving gives me so much satisfaction and happiness.

Well, in our college , we have got an assignment in which we were asked to do a PROPER research on various art forms, crafts, fork art , design movements and tribal arts and after doing all the research work we need to make a visual diary, boards and swatches. Our college took us to field trips like Craft Museum and Dilli hat so that we can get ideas and choose our topics on the behalf of our interests. We found a lot of various types of arts and crafts.

After having a great look on all those crafts and arts , i finally chose my topic in which i had the most interest and was way too attractive to me and that was Gota Patti Embroidery. I chose this because i always wanted to know that how this embroidery is done on various types of fabrics so it was the best way to know more and doing research upon it. It is one of the brilliantly done handmade work. It is originated in Rajasthan. Nowadays, people like to wear gota work on their suits and sarees for special occasions.

I am creating this blog to help people to know more deeply about how the technique are like and how it all started and now how it is being used by people. I would do a deep research upon it and try to make you all know much more better about it.


Here is the collage of Gota Patti Embroidery.
For more information, check this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment